1. Minimum Auto Coverage State Requirements
Each state requires a different amount of minimum coverage. The risk with minimum coverage is that it might not fully protect you — or your assets — if you’re at fault in an accident. It’s ideal to carry more than the minimum coverage unless you are driving an older car with little value and have no assets to protect.
- Your Driving Record
Your driving habits will be considered in your auto insurance quote. A bad-driving record can increase your rates significantly. You can obtain your driving record from your states department of motor vehicles. Your driving habits should be considered when deciding on auto coverage. If you have a ‘heavy foot,’ long commute or a past with multiple accidents you should get a complete coverage.
- Optional Coverage to Consider
Besides your basic liability package, there is collision and comprehensive coverage to contemplate as well. Collision coverage pays for damage that your car experiences in an accident or damage from hitting something like a tree, light post, wall etc. Comprehensive coverage pays for damage that didn’t occur from a collision like a fire, theft or flood. Other optional coverages can relate to medical payments coverage, rental reimbursement coverage and towing and labor coverage.
- Review your Current Policy
Read through your current policy or contact your auto insurance company to get the information you need. Know the amount of coverage you have now and how much you are paying monthly and annually; many quotes will be given both ways. You can use your current policy description to compare other quotes.
- Compare Quotes and Pricing
In order to get an accurate auto insurance quote you will need the following information:
- The age and sex of the driver(s), the number of drivers in your household, and their driver’s license numbers.
- A description of your car: the make, model, year, and vehicle identification number (VIN).
- The use of the car
Already have auto insurance but wondering if you have enough or if you can save some money? Call McLean Insurance at 703-790-5770 to discuss your specific situation or request an auto insurance quote online.
Why choose McLean Insurance for your Auto Insurance Needs?
- Personalized Service – You will be treated as family and not a number. Plus, we are local, active in the community and have a good understanding of auto insurance needs in the area.
- Trusted Advice – Licensed insurance agents with over 50 years of combined experience work closely with you to determine needs, discuss the right type of coverage for you and help ensure that you won’t end up being under or over insured.
- Save Money – We will shop multiple providers to find the best rate for you
- Save Time – Our experts will do all the work so you don’t have to waste time researching and understanding complex insurance jargon