Who could have anticipated the mass devastation brought by Super Storm Sandy. In addition to homes and businesses completely washed away, so were the perfectly planned dream weddings of many October brides. No one can foresee such unexpected circumstances, but you can certainly plan accordingly by purchasing Wedding Protection for your special day.
The average wedding now costs over $28,000. With Travelers Wedding Protector Plan, you can protect this investment for as little as $160. Wedding insurance can provide coverage for many of the below circumstances:
- Wedding Dress: You can have repairs made or replacement of the bride’s wedding gown or groom’s tuxedo if lost or damaged.
- Lost deposits. Reimbursement of your deposit if a vendor goes out of business, declares bankruptcy before your wedding, or simply fails to show up.
- Lost rings. You can receive repair or replacement cost if the bride or groom’s wedding bands are lost or damaged
- Severe weather. If severe weather (such as a hurricane) forces you to postpone your wedding, reimbursement is provided for non-recoverable expenses
- Transportation shutdown. If you have to postpone the wedding because a commercial transportation shutdown prevents the bride, groom or their parents from getting there, you can receive reimbursement for non-recoverable expenses
- Ruined photos. If your photographer’s film is defective, or negatives are lost or damaged, we can help cover the cost to re-take new photos
- Call to duty. If the bride or groom is unexpectedly called up to active duty, or has her or his military service leave revoked, forcing you to postpone the event, reimbursement is provided for non-recoverable expenses
- Damaged gifts. You can get repair or replacement cost if your wedding gifts are damaged
- Sudden illness. If the wedding needs to be postponed because sudden illness prevents the bride, groom or their parents from attending, you can receive reimbursement for non-recoverable expenses
- Venue requires insurance. As an additional option to your policy, you can add liability coverage to protect yourself in case a guest is injured or causes damage to property *
- Liquor liability. As an individual liability option to your policy, you can add this coverage to protect yourself against liability arising from alcohol-related occurrences (subject to policy conditions and exclusions) *
- Additional expense. If a vendor suddenly becomes unavailable for your event but you can find a last-minute replacement, we can reimburse you for the difference
With the exception of liability coverage, you can purchase coverage for your destination wedding as well. We can provide a quotation and bind coverage in a matter of minutes over the phone. Protect the investment you have made for your special day.
* Available in the continental U.S., its territories and Canada